First conceived in the 1990s, the PETROSLEEVE® Pipeline Repair System is the result of many years of diverse and successful projects in pipeline integrity and pipeline construction completed by Petro-Line Upgrading Services Ltd.
The patented PETROSLEEVE® Pipeline Repair System was developed to permanently and quickly repair pipe defects without interrupting operations or requiring complex in-service welding procedures to weld to the pipeline.
Industry required a permanent repair solution after an increased discovery of significant Stress Corrosion Cracking (SCC).
The PETROSLEEVE® was first installed in Canada. Today, with over 30,000+ PETROSLEEVE® installations worldwide, we are truly the industries gold standard in pipe repair.
- – Today – Over 30,000+ PETROSLEEVE® installations worldwide
- – PETROSLEEVE® is first used as a crack arrestor on low toughness pipeline
- – PETROSLEEVE® is installed in France
- – PETROSLEEVE® is installed in Papua New Guinea
- – PETROSLEEVE® is first used as a CP test lead contact
- – PETROSLEEVE® is installed in Australia
- – The Canadian Standards Association (CSA) recognizes the “Steel Compression Reinforcement Sleeve” repair method with the PETROSLEEVE® meeting and exceeding Z662 standard
- – PETROSLEEVE® is installed in the Dominican Republic
- – PETROSLEEVE® is installed in Mexico
- – PETROSLEEVE® installed on a through wall anomaly for testing purposes
- – PETROSLEEVE® is installed in the United States
- – DOT OPS Reviewed PETROSLEEVE® for use in United States
- – PETROSLEEVE® is installed in Canada
- – Successful full scale testing completed
- – Industry required a permanent repair solution after an increased discovery of significant Stress Corrosion Cracking (SCC)
Using the PETROSLEEVE® Pipeline Repair System immediately reduces project costs. Alternative application options do not compete with our cost saving matrixes.
Immediate Savings: The PETROSLEEVE® offers cost savings on every installation. This is achieved in part because:
- • Repairs occur while your pipeline remains in operation
- • The immense costs of cut-out repairs are avoided
- • You will easily repair more pipeline in less time
- • PETROSLEEVE® eliminates lost production costs
- • The completed repair is permanent
- • Your repair budget is greatly extended
- • Every sleeve comes with free analysis/quality online control software
- • Free software reduces documentation costs
- • The PETROSLEEVE® exceeds code requirements
Cost and Safety Comparison: In a simple study reviewing both Cost Factor and Safety Risks inherent different methods of repairing defects, the PETROSLEEVE® clearly demonstrated immediate and cumulative project cost savings. The following cost and safety comparison studied a single defect repair on a NPS 20 pipeline. Important to note, this study excluded the enormous costs of operational shutdowns; a true benefit of using the PETROSLEEVE®.
Safety & Environment
After the installation of a PETROSLEEVE®, the pipeline owner can immediately confirm that their repair criteria has been achieved. You can have confidence in choosing the PETROSLEEVE® Pipeline Repair System as your pipeline repair method, knowing that zero failures have been reported for any installed PETROSLEEVE®.